Pages


The Mission

My name is Bridie, and I am a 27 year old female who wishes to share with you her life in cakes.

The trouble with cake is that it doesn't last very long, and when you have slaved over a hot stove and turned your kitchen into a bomb site only to have crumbs left as evidence, you start to wonder....if a cake gets eaten in a kitchen, and no one sees it, was it really baked?

From now on, I'm going to make a fuss about my baking, and make every week a tea party. I'm going to prove you can have your cake and eat it. The aim is to bake something different each week and give you a taste of the creations via this blog. Armed with my wooden spoon in one hand and an oven glove in the other, I am embarking on a journey that will take me to the final frontier of sugary delights. From the perils of Baked Alaska, to the glory of a Manchester Tart - who knows where this quest will lead! Join me to find out 'What Bridie Baked'....

Saturday 12 June 2010

Rate My Apron - Apron 1


Hello and welcome to a fabulous new feature on 'What Bridie Baked' called, 'Rate my Apron.'

'Rate my Apron' is simple. I pose in one of my many Aprons, and you mark it out of ten. One being horrifyingly bad, and ten being the best apron of all time.

The mark you give is entirely your choice, and of course 'What Bridie Baked' promotes democracy. However, you don't want to give your 10's out willy nilly because the winning apron will be featured in my blog’s opening photo. There's everything to play for!

The first in the 'Rate My Apron' series is this fabulous orange and flowery number. The front of the apron has two deep pockets for keeping your wooden spoon, rolling pin, spatula, hip flask...whatever gets you through day. I'm guessing it's circa 1960. I'm no antique fabric expert, but maybe you are and you're thinking "That's a 1967" print. If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Please feel free to leave comments, and if you have an apron you would like me to model then please get in touch!

2 comments:

  1. Seven out of ten for the apron and a definite ten out of ten for bridie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Bridie. Canal boat chic at its finest. So difficult to consider this apron in terms of numbers. So I won't. No, instead, think of it as the letter 'H'. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete